10 Safe and Fun Youth Fundraising Ideas
Involving children in fundraising can help show them the importance of giving to others. However, youth fundraising raises significant safety concerns. The following are 10 safe and fun youth fundraising ideas your children can use to positively contribute to their favorite cause:
- Recycling. Kids can raise money and be environmentally responsible in the first on our list of youth fundraising ideas. Children can collect cans at home, as well as set up recycling bins at their parents’ workplaces, and bring them to the recycler.
- Car wash. A bucket of soapy water, a sponge and a hose is all that kids need to host a charity car wash. Have the kids make signs detailing which charity they are doing the car wash for, in order to maximize donations.
- Penny drive. Have children decorate containers that they can drop of at local businesses to be placed next to cash registers. Containers should explain a bit about the organization the money will go to. Occasionally, accompany the children to collect the containers and deliver the money they raised. Older kids might not be interested in penny drives, so try a more modern version. Middle school and high school students can raise small sums from all of their Facebook friends ( a “digital penny drive”) using GoFundMe.
- Lemonade stand. A lemonade stand is not only a great way for kids to raise money for their favorite charity, but it can teach them the basics of business as well. From the laws of supply and demand to determining profit margins, these are life lessons they’ll hold with them forever.
- Party for a cause. Older kids can host a party to support their favorite cause. Have them arrange the venue and music and decorate and sell tickets to their friends. They can even sell snacks and drinks at the party to raise even more money.
- Bake sale. Gather children together to make and sell baked goods. Youth groups should approach their church to get permission to sell after Sunday services.
- Teddy bear picnic. Younger children will have a blast hosting a teddy bear picnic, for our seventh out of ten youth fundraising ideas. For a small donation, your young one’s friends and their furry, stuffed guests can enjoy sandwiches and other finger foods, all for a good cause.
- Art show. Have children create paintings and drawings and ask a local frame shop to donate the frames. Then, invite the community to the art show, allowing community members to purchase the works of art, with all proceeds going to charity.
- Face painting. Face painting is a fun and easy fundraising idea for older youth. Set up a booth at a local festival or carnival and be sure to indicate to which charity the proceeds will be going.
- Ice cream social. I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice cream! Kids can dish out the ice cream and the toppings and help with the cleanup from this frosty and delicious fundraising event.
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Fun Fundraising Ideas to Excite Any Audience
- 10 Christmas Fundraising Ideas Guaranteed to Spread Holiday Cheer
- The Top 10 Free Fundraising Ideas
- How to Plan a Great Trike-A-Thon
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can’t Afford to Miss
- How to Plan a Successful Charity Cake Auction
- The Top 9 Unique Fundraising Ideas
How many people are online?
- Building a Fundraising Website: Here are 10 Things You Need to Include
- 7 Places You Can Get a Free Fundraising Website
- How to Hold a Simple 50-50 Raffle
- How to Plan an Excellent Charity Fashion Show
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can't Afford to Miss
- What is a Lollipop Fundraiser?
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
- Free Books for Non-Profit Organizations
- How to Plan a Great Taste of the Town Fundraiser
- Candy Fundraising (9)
- Charity Fundraising (86)
- Chocolate Fundraising (7)
- Church Fundraising (75)
- College Fundraising (59)
- Creative Fundraising Ideas (67)
- Easy Fundraising (66)
- Free Fundraising Ideas (60)
- Fun Fundraising Ideas (47)
- Fundraising Events (59)
- Fundraising Ideas for Kids (40)
- High School Fundraising Ideas (68)
- Interviews (4)
- Non Profit Fundraising (83)
- Online Fundraising (13)
- Other (23)
- PTA Fundraising (53)
- Quick Fundraising Ideas (42)
- School Fundraising (85)
- Sports Fundraising (51)
Advertisements That Keep Us Free…