Borrowing from the Cub Scouts: Planning the Perfect Popcorn Fundraiser
There’s a reason the Cub Scouts sell popcorn year after year—it works! People love popcorn, which makes it a perfect fundraising vehicle. Following are tips for planning the perfect popcorn fundraiser.
Select Your Popcorn Supplier
Not all popcorn suppliers are created equal, so choose a supplier that best fits your organization. Some popcorn suppliers offer popcorn fundraiser items like buckets of popcorn, while others offer it in bags. Some may have a variety of flavors or even have decorative containers for their fundraiser packages.
Location, Location, Location
Although your organization members can sell door-to-door for your popcorn fundraiser, sometimes a booth sale works even better. Choose a location with a lot of traffic. In addition, be sure to have a sign to let people know which organization they’re supporting by buying your popcorn. Possible locations include the outside of large discount retailers or at local festivals.
Sampling is a tried-and-true method of sales, especially when it comes to a delicious product like popcorn! Have small sample cups of your popcorn for people to try. Make sure to greet each passerby and offer them a free sample. Once they taste how good your popcorn is, they will want to buy some.
Although many organizational members will sell popcorn to help the group, you can motivate them further by offering incentives. Incentives can include small prizes for reaching certain levels or make it competitive by offering a larger prize for the top seller. Talk to local merchants to see if they could donate gift cards or items to reward top sellers.
- How to Plan an Amazingly Effective Cookbook Fundraiser
- Planning a Fundraising Event: 10 Things You Need to Consider
- How to Hold a Successful Cookie Dough Fundraiser
- How to Host a Simple Used Electronics Fundraiser
- How to Hold a Great Valentine’s Day Fundraiser
- How to Raise Money with Candle Fundraising
- How to Host a Thrilling Dunk Tank Fundraiser
- How to Hold a Great Penny Wars Fundraiser
How many people are online?
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can’t Afford to Miss
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
- 10 Cheap Fundraising Ideas for When Money is Tight
- 10 Exciting Fundraising Ideas for Sports Teams
- 9 Great Fundraising Ideas for When Everything Else Hasn’t Worked
- How to Hold a Simple 50-50 Raffle
- How to Plan an Excellent Charity Fashion Show
- 10 Simple Fundraiser Ideas for Small Groups
- The Top 10 College Fundraising Ideas Sure to Draw a Crowd
- Candy Fundraising (9)
- Charity Fundraising (86)
- Chocolate Fundraising (7)
- Church Fundraising (75)
- College Fundraising (59)
- Creative Fundraising Ideas (67)
- Easy Fundraising (66)
- Free Fundraising Ideas (60)
- Fun Fundraising Ideas (47)
- Fundraising Events (59)
- Fundraising Ideas for Kids (40)
- High School Fundraising Ideas (68)
- Interviews (4)
- Non Profit Fundraising (83)
- Online Fundraising (13)
- Other (23)
- PTA Fundraising (53)
- Quick Fundraising Ideas (42)
- School Fundraising (85)
- Sports Fundraising (51)
Advertisements That Keep Us Free…