9 Great Fundraising Ideas for When Everything Else Hasn’t Worked
Fundraising is critical to your organization. Without successful fundraising campaigns, programs, activities, and equipment are oftentimes cut from the budget. However, not all fundraising ideas work for all groups. Following are 9 great fundraising ideas for when everything else hasn’t worked.
- Fundraising Letter – Sometimes all you have to do is ask. Some community members may not be interested in buying candy or cookies, but they may be willing to simply donate money. Send out a fundraising letter detailing the amount of money you are trying to raise and where those funds will go.
- Organization Garage Sale – Everyone loves a good garage sale. Gather items from your organization members and other community members and hold a large garage sale. Be sure to include your organization’s name in all advertising so people will know their purchases are for a good cause.
- Spaghetti Dinner – With donations from local grocery stores, money raised from a spaghetti dinner can be almost entirely profit for your group. Advertise your dinner heavily and have members presell tickets so you know how much to prepare before the event.
- Casino Night – Everyone enjoys the idea of winning something, and with a casino night fundraiser, the participants will have the pleasure of playing Vegas-style games while you raise money. Gather donated prizes players can win with their chips at the end of the night.
- Spare Change Canisters – The saying “Every penny counts” is absolutely true. Place spare change canisters in local businesses and watch those pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters really add up with very little effort.
- 5K Run – Runners from all over the community will enjoy supporting your cause while they participate in your race. You can simply collect entry fees or encourage racers to make donations.
- Hot Dog Sale – Hot dogs are inexpensive and popular, making this a great fundraising idea to try when all else has failed. Set up your hot dog booth in front of a busy grocery store, a home improvement store, or at a local festival.
- Grants – Grants are an often-overlooked fundraising opportunity for small organizations. A variety of organizations offer grants to charitable or nonprofit organizations. Check local and national resources to see if there’s a grant that will fit your needs.
- Restaurant Night – Partner with a local restaurant in support of your organization. For each person that brings in one of your flyers, the restaurant will give your organization a certain percentage of the sales. This win-win situation raises money for your group while increasing sales for the restaurant that night!
- How to Plan a Great Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
- How to Plan a Great Taste of the Town Fundraiser
- How to Plan a Great Trike-A-Thon
- 7 Great Halloween Fundraising Ideas
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- The Top 9 Unique Fundraising Ideas
- How to Host a Great Car Wash Fundraiser
- The Top 10 Free Fundraising Ideas
How many people are online?
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can’t Afford to Miss
- 10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Cheap Fundraising Ideas for When Money is Tight
- 9 Great Fundraising Ideas for When Everything Else Hasn’t Worked
- 10 Exciting Fundraising Ideas for Sports Teams
- How to Hold a Simple 50-50 Raffle
- How to Plan an Excellent Charity Fashion Show
- 10 Simple Fundraiser Ideas for Small Groups
- The Top 10 College Fundraising Ideas Sure to Draw a Crowd
- Candy Fundraising (9)
- Charity Fundraising (86)
- Chocolate Fundraising (7)
- Church Fundraising (75)
- College Fundraising (59)
- Creative Fundraising Ideas (67)
- Easy Fundraising (66)
- Free Fundraising Ideas (60)
- Fun Fundraising Ideas (47)
- Fundraising Events (59)
- Fundraising Ideas for Kids (40)
- High School Fundraising Ideas (68)
- Interviews (4)
- Non Profit Fundraising (83)
- Online Fundraising (13)
- Other (23)
- PTA Fundraising (53)
- Quick Fundraising Ideas (42)
- School Fundraising (85)
- Sports Fundraising (51)
Advertisements That Keep Us Free…