10 Good Fundraising Ideas for the Novice Fundraiser
You don’t have to be a professional to be successful at fundraising. In fact, some of the best fundraisers are so easy anyone can organize them! The following are 10 good fundraising ideas for the novice fundraiser.
- 50/50 Raffle – This is number one on our list of 10 good fundraising ideas for novice fundraisers for several reasons, but chief among them is its ease; the only material you really need to get this fundraiser going is a roll of raffle tickets. People love this type of fundraiser. Choose an event where lots of people will be in attendance to maximize your success. Sell the 50/50 raffle tickets at $1/ticket (participants can buy as many as they’d like). During the event, select one ticket (the winner). The winner will receive 50% of the money and your organization/cause will keep the other half.
- Simple Online Fundraising – Online fundraising doesn’t have to be hard. There are so many tools to make it simple and safe these days. Our favorite free online fundraising platform is GoFundMe. Online fundraising platforms allow you to easily set up a donation web page that you can share with your Facebook friends and email contacts.
- Bake Sale – Bake sales are a classic fundraiser because they work! People love homemade goodies! A bake sale at a school function, office, or other event is easy to organize, even for the novice fundraiser.
- Spare Change Fundraiser – Partner with local merchants and place collection canisters near their checkout areas to collect spare change. Those pennies can really add up! Just be sure to have your canisters clearly labeled with where the money is going and collect your donations frequently.
- Garage Sale – Ask all of your organization’s members, as well as others in the community, to donate items to sell at your fundraising garage sale. Select a location for your sale where you’ll have lots of traffic and be sure to put up signs advertising your sale and promoting your cause.
- Can Collection – Set up recycling receptacles in various places around your organization’s office or throughout your community/neighborhood. Tell members to collect cans from their families and friends. Take them to your local recycler and earn money for each can you collected.
- Face-Painting Booth – You don’t have to be Monet to take advantage of number 7 on our list of 10 good fundraising ideas for novices; all you need is a table, paintbrushes, face paint, and some imagination. Local festivals and fairs are perfect opportunities for face-painting booth fundraisers.
- Jelly Bean Jar – Fill a jar with a certain number of jelly beans and ask people to guess how many are in the jar for a certain price. The person with the closest guess not only wins the jar of jelly beans but also a prize. Ask a local merchant to donate the prize for the winner.
- Ice Cream Social – Everyone loves ice cream, and it’s a good fundraising idea, especially for novices. For a donation, patrons enjoy a bowl of ice cream, an assortment of toppings (make sure to get as many toppings as possible — that’s part of the fun), and time with their family and friends.
- Charity Poker Tournament – Have Vegas-style fun while raising money for your favorite charity. Texas Hold’em is a popular game both at casinos and at home. Save a portion of the entry fees as prize money for the winners. Make sure to check with the government about any possible restrictions against holding gambling-themed events.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]10 Good Fundraising Ideas for the Novice Fundraiser, 4.3 out of 5 based on 4 ratings
- How to Hold an Excellent Kiss a Pig Fundraiser
- The Top 10 Free Fundraising Ideas
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Fun Fundraising Ideas to Excite Any Audience
- How to Hold an Easy Baby Clothes Fundraiser
- How to Host a Great Adult Spelling Bee Fundraiser
- How to Host a Great Car Wash Fundraiser
- How to Host a Thrilling Dunk Tank Fundraiser
How many people are online?
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can’t Afford to Miss
- 7 Places You Can Get a Free Fundraising Website
- How to Plan an Excellent Charity Fashion Show
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Christmas Fundraising Ideas Guaranteed to Spread Holiday Cheer
- How to Hold a Simple 50-50 Raffle
- 10 Exciting Fundraising Ideas for Sports Teams
- 10 Simple Fundraiser Ideas for Small Groups
- 10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
- Why You Need a Fundraising Thermometer and Five Places You Can Get One for Free
- Candy Fundraising (9)
- Charity Fundraising (86)
- Chocolate Fundraising (7)
- Church Fundraising (75)
- College Fundraising (59)
- Creative Fundraising Ideas (67)
- Easy Fundraising (66)
- Free Fundraising Ideas (60)
- Fun Fundraising Ideas (47)
- Fundraising Events (59)
- Fundraising Ideas for Kids (40)
- High School Fundraising Ideas (68)
- Interviews (4)
- Non Profit Fundraising (83)
- Online Fundraising (13)
- Other (23)
- PTA Fundraising (53)
- Quick Fundraising Ideas (42)
- School Fundraising (85)
- Sports Fundraising (51)
Advertisements That Keep Us Free…