How to Hold a Wildly Successful Benefit Concert
If you’re really serious about fundraising, you might consider throwing a sponsored benefit concert. It can be a lot of work to plan, but it can pay off — not only in dollars raised, but also in exposure for your cause or group.
If you keep the concert small and local, there’s a good chance you might not have to pay the performer (which would cut into revenues from the donations and ticket sales, of course). Try asking talented local musicians if they’d like to perform and would be willing to do so for free. Once you find a few people willing to play, you’re on your way.
You’re going to want to make sure you’re prepared to fundraise in multiple ways. First, there are ticket sales. To make sure you sell lots of tickets, you can give each member of your group a certain number of tickets and require that group members find buyers for the tickets they were allocated. Be sure to remind people that the benefit concert is for a good cause. Second, you can ask for donations at the event. Third, you can sell food and beverages at the event. Fourth, you can get local businesses to sponsor the concert. Not only could you mention their sponsorship roles to the crowd at the event, but you could also publish their advertisements in the brochure you publish for the concert.
Don’t forget to coordinate with the local police (large crowds often require a police presence), city government (permission might be necessary) and any applicable insurance providers (what if someone gets hurt during the concert?).
Below, you’ll find a video of a small but successful community benefit concert. Of course, it’s possible to plan a benefit concert much larger than this.
- How to Host a Wildly Successful Rummage Sale Fundraiser
- How to Plan a Wildly Successful Charity Run
- How to Hold a Very Successful Custom T-Shirt Fundraiser
- Easy Fundraising: Hold a Raise a Fish Competition
- How to Plan a Successful Charity Cake Auction
- How to Plan a Successful Used Books Fundraiser
- How to Hold an Excellent Kiss a Pig Fundraiser
- How to Host a Successful Silent Auction Fundraiser
How many people are online?
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can’t Afford to Miss
- 10 Christmas Fundraising Ideas Guaranteed to Spread Holiday Cheer
- 7 Places You Can Get a Free Fundraising Website
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- How to Plan an Excellent Charity Fashion Show
- The Top 10 College Fundraising Ideas Sure to Draw a Crowd
- 10 Simple Fundraiser Ideas for Small Groups
- 10 Engaging Office Fundraising Ideas
- How to Hold a Simple 50-50 Raffle
- 10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
- Candy Fundraising (9)
- Charity Fundraising (86)
- Chocolate Fundraising (7)
- Church Fundraising (75)
- College Fundraising (59)
- Creative Fundraising Ideas (67)
- Easy Fundraising (66)
- Free Fundraising Ideas (60)
- Fun Fundraising Ideas (47)
- Fundraising Events (59)
- Fundraising Ideas for Kids (40)
- High School Fundraising Ideas (68)
- Interviews (4)
- Non Profit Fundraising (83)
- Online Fundraising (13)
- Other (23)
- PTA Fundraising (53)
- Quick Fundraising Ideas (42)
- School Fundraising (85)
- Sports Fundraising (51)
Advertisements That Keep Us Free…