10 Fun Fundraising Ideas to Excite Any Audience
One of the most effective ways to raise money for your cause or group is by organizing and hosting fundraising events that are designed to attract a crowd. The most successful fun fundraising ideas are those that engage and appeal to a large percentage of the community. By planning and presenting original and fun fundraising ideas, you can raise money and awareness for your organization in your local area. Here are ten of the best:
- Carnivals. Everyone can get in on the action at these fun-filled events. Fortune-telling booths, cakewalks and food stands can all earn money for your cause while providing hours of fun for children and adults.
- Pet pageants. For a small entry fee, local pet owners can enter their pets in a pet pageant. Don’t be afraid to make up your own categories; the “Furriest Pet” or the “Most Unusual Pet” categories may not be featured categories at the Westminster Dog Show, but they will certainly add to the entertainment value of this fundraising event.
- Chili cook-offs. Many families have a favorite chili recipe. By organizing a friendly competition, you can help determine which chili really deserves bragging rights as the best overall. For the cost of a trophy, your organization can raise a sizable amount of money.
- Haunted houses. Especially around Halloween, organizing a safe haunted house can provide a kid-friendly alternative to the scary adult versions. Organized properly, haunted houses are safe and enjoyable for everyone involved and can raise a significant amount of money for your organization.
- Arts and crafts. An arts and crafts show can offer local artists the chance to show off their talents. By taking a commission on all works sold through the event, your organization can benefit as well.
- Coffee and chocolate tastings. You can take your cue from the continued popularity of wine and cheese tasting events by holding a coffee and chocolate tasting at a local mall or shopping area. For a small donation, you can provide a cup of coffee and a selection of small chocolates to please even the pickiest palate.
- Tailgate buffets. In association with local sports events, your organization can host a tailgate party and offer burgers and hot dogs in return for donations. This can be one of the most fun fundraising ideas and can generate interest in your organization along with sizable donations.
- Celebrity sports events. Local celebrities may be willing to donate their time to participate in exhibition sports events on behalf of your cause. Properly publicized and supported, these events can rake in significant amounts of money for your organization.
- Ghost walks. Nearly every community has its own ghost stories and reputed haunted houses. By arranging tours of these rumored-to-be-haunted areas complete with spooky sound effects and an eerie musical accompaniment, your organization can potentially rake in a scary amount of money.
- Cookie decorating booths. In conjunction with local events, your organization can set up a cookie decorating booth. This is one of the least expensive fun fundraising ideas, since it requires only store-bought cookies and icing and can be an enjoyable activity for the whole family.
Bonus: Though the above ideas are engaging and fun, we wanted to try to put a fun spin on an otherwise tired idea. Online fundraising is a vital tool in one’s fundraising arsenal, but implemented normally, it’s quite boring. How about this? Have everyone in your organization set up a page on GoFundMe.com, an online donation platform that doesn’t cost you anything to launch a page, and compete to see who can raise the largest amount in a given time period (a month is generally a good length). This will make the contest engaging (because everyone else can always see everyone else’s total) and secure (your group members won’t have to handle cash or checks).
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- The Top 10 Free Fundraising Ideas
- The Top 9 Unique Fundraising Ideas
- Bake Sale Ideas: A New Spin on Bake Sales
- How to Plan a Successful Charity Cake Auction
- How to Easily Create Websites for Your Organization and Fundraising Events
- How to Hold an Excellent Kiss a Pig Fundraiser
- How to Host a Thrilling Dunk Tank Fundraiser
How many people are online?
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can’t Afford to Miss
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
- 10 Simple Fundraiser Ideas for Small Groups
- The Top 10 College Fundraising Ideas Sure to Draw a Crowd
- How to Plan an Excellent Charity Fashion Show
- How to Hold a Simple 50-50 Raffle
- 10 Exciting Fundraising Ideas for Sports Teams
- 10 Cheap Fundraising Ideas for When Money is Tight
- 9 Great Fundraising Ideas for When Everything Else Hasn’t Worked
- Candy Fundraising (9)
- Charity Fundraising (86)
- Chocolate Fundraising (7)
- Church Fundraising (75)
- College Fundraising (59)
- Creative Fundraising Ideas (67)
- Easy Fundraising (66)
- Free Fundraising Ideas (60)
- Fun Fundraising Ideas (47)
- Fundraising Events (59)
- Fundraising Ideas for Kids (40)
- High School Fundraising Ideas (68)
- Interviews (4)
- Non Profit Fundraising (83)
- Online Fundraising (13)
- Other (23)
- PTA Fundraising (53)
- Quick Fundraising Ideas (42)
- School Fundraising (85)
- Sports Fundraising (51)
Advertisements That Keep Us Free…