10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
When your charitable cause needs large amounts of money, charity fundraising events can be your best option. The huge funds generated by these events can be used for a single project or the ongoing operations of your charitable organization. The following are 10 charity fundraising events that, if implemented correctly, are sure to raise large amounts of money for your organization:
- Charity walk. Big name charities, like the American Cancer Society, use charity walks as one of their primary charity fundraising events. Have walkers gather pledges per mile from their friends and family. Invite the community out to support participants as they walk for a cause!
- Charity 5K. Instead of gathering donations, runners pay an entry fee to compete in this charity run. Contact local businesses to sponsor t-shirts for entrants and donate items for the goody bags runners receive on the day of the race.
- Charity concert. Let music bring people together for your cause. Contact local newspapers and radio stations to publicize your event. Pre-sell discounted tickets and offer full-price tickets at the door.
- Automobile raffle. Who wouldn’t want to win a car? Contact your local automobile dealer and ask them to either donate the vehicle or donate a portion of the vehicle’s cost. As this is a big ticket raffle, publicize it in newspapers, the radio and the Internet to maximize raffle ticket sales.
- Charity dinner. Couple a tasty, home-cooked meal with a good cause and your community will flock to number five on this list of ten charity fundraising events. If you’re a 501(c)3 organization, many grocery stores will donate gift cards you can use to purchase supplies for your charity dinner.
- Charity auction. Gather donations from local businesses and supporters of your cause for a silent auction fundraiser. Combine both big ticket and lower priced items to attract the most bidders possible. Make it a live auction with an enthusiastic auctioneer spurring bidders on for more fun and funds!
- Charity garage sale. Gather donation items from your organization’s members and other community members, and hold your sale in a high-traffic area. Advertise your sale well in advance, noting the organization it supports. For any leftover items after the garage sale, donate them to charitable thrift shops.
- Charity tours of homes. Ask homeowners, particularly in your town’s historic district, to open their homes for a good cause. Sell tickets for private viewings of fine architecture in your community.
- Penny carnival. Despite the name “penny carnival,” your organization can raise thousands of dollars with this family-friendly charity fundraising event. Sell tickets to take part in activities at the different booths. Add raffle items or a 50-50 raffle to raise even more money.
- Face painting booth. Kids young and old love to have their faces painted. Locate your booth at a large community festival, such as a community Fourth of July gathering and watch the kiddies line up and dollars roll in.
Bonus: Leverage your social networks and raise money online. Though one might not think that you can raise a lot from your Facebook friends, Twitter followers or email contacts, you’d be surprised. Free tools like GoFundMe allow you to raise large sums of money completely online.
- How to Plan a Successful Charity Cake Auction
- 6 Simple Tips for Outstanding Charity Events
- How to Raise Money by Wrapping Christmas Gifts
- How to Host an Exciting Charity Abseil
- Easy Fundraising: Hold a Raise a Fish Competition
- Sports Fundraising: Raise Money by Competing for 24 Hours
- How to Raise Money: 10 Tips Every Group Needs to Consider
- How to Raise Money with Candle Fundraising
How many people are online?
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can’t Afford to Miss
- 7 Places You Can Get a Free Fundraising Website
- How to Plan an Excellent Charity Fashion Show
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- How to Hold a Simple 50-50 Raffle
- The Top 10 Free Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
- 10 Simple Fundraising Ideas for Individuals
- 10 Engaging Office Fundraising Ideas
- Why You Need a Fundraising Thermometer and Five Places You Can Get One for Free
- Candy Fundraising (9)
- Charity Fundraising (86)
- Chocolate Fundraising (7)
- Church Fundraising (75)
- College Fundraising (59)
- Creative Fundraising Ideas (67)
- Easy Fundraising (66)
- Free Fundraising Ideas (60)
- Fun Fundraising Ideas (47)
- Fundraising Events (59)
- Fundraising Ideas for Kids (40)
- High School Fundraising Ideas (68)
- Interviews (4)
- Non Profit Fundraising (83)
- Online Fundraising (13)
- Other (23)
- PTA Fundraising (53)
- Quick Fundraising Ideas (42)
- School Fundraising (85)
- Sports Fundraising (51)
Advertisements That Keep Us Free…