The Top 10 Breast Cancer Fundraising Ideas
While the ubiquitous pink ribbon is perhaps the best-known and most successful symbol of the fight against breast cancer, a number of other breast cancer fundraising ideas can help local and national organizations raise awareness and increase financial support for the search for a cure. Breast cancer claims approximately 40,000 lives each year. By creating innovative and successful breast cancer fundraising ideas for your organization, you can help prevent these deaths and provide much-needed funds for medical research. Here are 10 breast cancer fundraising ideas to consider:
- The pink car. Car donations can provide significant funds for breast cancer research. By soliciting donations of pink cars, your organization can raise large sums while also promoting awareness. Of course, you can accept cars painted other colors, as well.
- Pink champagne breakfasts. Strictly for adults, these gala events are among the most elegant breast cancer fundraising ideas. By offering a continental breakfast along with pink champagne and orange juice, your group can easily attract donors for your breast cancer fundraising campaign.
- Lingerie sales. Another fundraising event designed with adults in mind, a charity lingerie sale can provide funds for breast cancer research while entertaining and educating the public at the same time.
- Pink roses. One of the most innovative breast cancer fundraising ideas is to team up with a local florist and promote their pink roses in return for a donation of a percentage of their sales. This is especially good during the weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, since your group can typically increase donations while also raising public awareness.
- Social networking/online fundraising. By adding a pink ribbon image on your organization’s Facebook page or other social networking presence, you can encourage donations for breast cancer research at no additional cost to your organization. Be sure, of course, to link the image to a site that accepts donations. We suggest setting up a donation web page on a free online fundraising platform like GoFundMe.
- Bake sale. Cupcakes, cookies and other pastries decorated with the easily recognizable pink ribbon can be sold for funds to be donated to breast cancer research. These sweet treats can make a big difference in efforts to find a cure.
- Newspaper sales. By helping others keep “abreast” of current events, your organization can also attract significant donations for this worthy cause. In some cases, the local newspaper may be willing to dedicate a special edition of the paper to the issue of breast cancer and provide additional information for the community.
- Pink ribbon-cutting ceremony. Local construction firms and businesses may be willing to combine a ribbon-cutting ceremony with a fundraising opportunity for your group by substituting a pink ribbon in place of the white ribbon traditionally used in these events. This can provide valuable opportunities for attracting new donors for breast cancer research.
- Festivals and expos. By presenting an informational booth or kiosk at local events, your group can often find new donors and achieve increased financial donations for breast cancer research.
- Bikini car washes. While these events are not for every fundraising group, they can provide a fun way to collect donations and increase public awareness of the need for funding for this worthy cause. Volunteers can wear pink bikinis or swimsuits to reinforce the breast cancer theme of the event.
- 10 Fun Fundraising Ideas to Excite Any Audience
- The Top 10 Free Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Engaging Office Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can’t Afford to Miss
- 10 Christmas Fundraising Ideas Guaranteed to Spread Holiday Cheer
- The Top 9 Unique Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Safe and Fun Youth Fundraising Ideas
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
How many people are online?
- How to Hold a Simple 50-50 Raffle
- How to Plan an Excellent Charity Fashion Show
- 10 Charity Fundraising Events to Raise Large Amounts of Money
- The Top 22 Art Fundraising Ideas
- 7 Places You Can Get a Free Fundraising Website
- 10 Raffle Ideas You Can't Afford to Miss
- How to Hold an Excellent Kiss a Pig Fundraiser
- How to Hold a Wildly Successful Benefit Concert
- Interview with a Fundraising Expert: Jill Murphy, Founder of Good by Design
- Building a Fundraising Website: Here are 10 Things You Need to Include
- Candy Fundraising (9)
- Charity Fundraising (86)
- Chocolate Fundraising (7)
- Church Fundraising (75)
- College Fundraising (59)
- Creative Fundraising Ideas (67)
- Easy Fundraising (66)
- Free Fundraising Ideas (60)
- Fun Fundraising Ideas (47)
- Fundraising Events (59)
- Fundraising Ideas for Kids (40)
- High School Fundraising Ideas (68)
- Interviews (4)
- Non Profit Fundraising (83)
- Online Fundraising (13)
- Other (23)
- PTA Fundraising (53)
- Quick Fundraising Ideas (42)
- School Fundraising (85)
- Sports Fundraising (51)
Advertisements That Keep Us Free…